A second home insurance policy will provide the following coverages:
- Dwelling coverage protects the structure of your secondary home against risks such as fire, weather-related damage, and theft.
- Coverage for additional structures on your property, including gardening sheds, garages, and boat docks.
- Personal property coverage protects your things at your second home, including furniture, clothing, kitchenware, and other items.
- Loss of use coverage pays for additional living expenses if your second home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss and you must temporarily relocate.
- Personal liability insurance pays for legal and medical expenses if you are legally held liable for someone else's injury or property damage.
Medical payments coverage pays for guests' medical expenses if injured on your property.